Delton has various recognition and merit certificates from the
Government of India for its outstanding contribution to the industry along with
its export performance.
A few key milestones are highlighted below.
- 1948 – Late Shri Ram Kumar Gupta establishes Delton.
- 1955 – Delton’s first plant is set up at Najafgarh Road, Delhi.
This leads Delton to become the first of its kind manufacturer of plastic
cables in India.
- 1956 – Delton commences manufacturing switchboard wires.
- 1957 – The company inaugurates manufacturing textile braided
cordage for the first time in India.
- 1958 – Delton commences manufacturing Switch Board cables named PAX Cables in sizes 5, 10 and 20 pairs.
- 1960 – Delton signs a 3year contract with Indian Telephone
Industries for supply.
- 1960 – Delton sets up the Faridabad plant.
- 1980 – It receives its first license to make Jelly filled cables
in the Indian Private Sector.
- 1981 – The company sets up the Dharuhera Plant to increase
production to match the growing demand.
- 1983 – Delton develops FRLS cables for the first time in India.
- 1985 – The company relocates machinery to have “Wire drawing”
and “Rod break down” facilities at Dharuhera Plant.
- 1989 – Delton signs MOU with “Filotex” for High Temperature
- 1991 – The company is recognized for its significant
contribution in the successful launch of ASLV-D by The Department of Space,
Government of India.
- 1997 - Dharuhera factory is certified
under ISO 9002 : 1994.
- 1998 - Faridabad factory is certified under ISO 9002 : 1994.
- 2007 - Delton sets up a Switchgear Plant in Noida.